- Monitor application related jobs and work with application developers to enhance the application performance.
- Support Oracle RDBMS version 11g to 19c, Oracle Golden Gate, Cloud-Native DB, and setup automation operations.
- Install, configure and upgrade Oracle server software and related products (e.g. RAC, Data Partitioning, Data Guard, etc) whenever necessary.
- Monitor database and server logs for unusual events, and troubleshoot errors.
- Perform system health check, preventive maintenance, database housekeeping, backup and recovery, performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Ensure that potential problems, such as performance degradation, reliability and security are addressed proactively.
- Plan and implement database fixes, patches and version upgrade.
- Provide on-call support after working hour (24/7) for critical situations.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent practical experience
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) preferred.
- Possess technical hands-on experience in install, configure, administrate & maintain database/application server, Linux Operating Systems & VMWare environment, database/system setup/backup/recovery/replication & restoration.
- 3 years of experience as a database administrator to setup, administrate, maintain & fine-tune Oracle (version 12C and above).
- Good scripting skills to create and maintain shell scripts to automate various database related tasks and scheduler jobs.